THINGS TO KNOW
Safety is a very important part of our programmes at Okanagan Stables; please familiarize yourself with the following because we want you to have the best horseback riding experience possible!
- Safety is a very important part at Okanagan Stables.
- Riders participate in a practice warm-up before the trail ride. The time and attention taken in this session is to make sure that you are comfortable with your horse, and helps us provide the most enjoyable and safest ride possible.
- Our trail rides are guided in order to provide the safest route for both our guests and our horses.
- If preferred, young or nervous riders of any age can be hand-led on their horse by our staff, both in the staging area and along the trail, to ensure their safety and comfort.
- Parents who are not riding are welcome to accompany their children on the trail on foot. Our programs are opened to children of all agest.
- For same day appointments, please call at 250-863-9447 (no texting please). We are usually out on rides or busy with customers, so we can't always check our same-day email.
- For bookings made at least 24 hours in advance, please fill out the booking form on our website or send us an email.
- Our standard riding times are 10:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm, with other times by arrangement.
- Please note that we require a minimum of 2 hours’ notice for cancellation.
WHAT TO BRING AND WEAR
- Comfortable, loose clothing.
- Good footwear such as solid running shoes, hiking boots, or smooth-soled boots. We have riding boots available for your use, free of charge.
- Wearing a sports helmet is required for children, and although not a requirement, it is highly recommended for all as well. We provide helmets for your use at no cost.
- For lasting memories of this superb experience, we have some classic photo opportunities built into our programme and will take pictures with your device!